Currently we support beneficiaries in over 60% of prisons in England and Wales. Our literacy, drug awareness and practical morals courses are accredited by Laser Learning Awards, an Ofqual approved organisation affiliated with the University of Kent.
Accreditation gives the offender an additional recognised certificate and credits towards further education. This in turn can open the door to more advanced learning and job opportunities when they leave prison. Credits can also be used as part of the student’s application for parole (early licensed release from prison) or may form part of their Sentence Plan.
Criminon UK is licensed under ABLE International (Association for Better Living and Education), a global organisation based in Los Angeles. Criminon UK is one of an international group of Criminon organisations throughout the world but is independently administered and financed. The breakthrough discoveries and secular methodologies of the Criminon programme were developed by author and humanitarian L. Ron Hubbard.
Purpose of Criminon UK
1. To seek to address those factors which produce and precipitate criminal activity;
2. To seek to restore self-respect to the individual;
3. To provide educational tools and life skills, including effective literacy, to those in need so they may rejoin society as responsible and contributing members.
Aims and Objectives
Our aim is to improve the social welfare of offenders by assisting them in their education and rehabilitation, so that they can make a positive contribution to society.
Our programme seeks to address:
• Reading and learning skills
• Drug and alcohol abuse
• Self-respect and confidence
• Anti-social conduct
• Ability to solve problems